Whilst I have visited Germany briefly, this is one country that is still remains on my bucket list, as there is so many places in Germany that I am yet to see.
My only trip to Germany was a very brief one just after university. I was backpacking across Europe on this rather restrictive bus tour. Our bus stopped at Heidelberg for a couple of days. So I have seen the breath-taking Heidelberg Castle, but that is about it. So what is left on my list of places to visit in Germany? Well here it is:
- Being part of the vibrant arts scene of Berlin;
- Drinking mugs of beer at Oktoberfest;
- Admiring the Cathedral of Cologne;
- Exploring the Christmas markets at Nuremberg;
- Be humbled by the history of Dachau;
- Check out Check point Charlie;
- Swim in Lake Constance;
- Eat cake in the Black Forest; and
- Be part of the german Grape Harvest Festival.
So what else should be on my German bucket list?